These carefully levelled stories (Oxford levels 9-11; suitable for those studying at Brown band level) range from spooky tales to science-fiction adventures. They have been specially written to help children find the right books for their tastes while also developing their reading skills.
From The Masked Cleaning Ladies of Om to Flan Across the River, each entertaining book also has inside-cover notes to help support children in their reading.
There are five books each covering three different difficulty levels and all of the stories are appealingly illustrated.
Titles in this collection (15)
- Captain Comet and the Purple Planet
- The Big Little Dinosaur
- Mr Stofflees and the Painted Tiger
- Flans Across the River
- Jungle Shorts
- The Spooks
- Captain Comet and the Dog Star
- Coming Clean
- The Masked Cleaning Ladies of Om
- The Masked Cleaning Ladies Save the Day
- Amy the Hedgehog Girl
- Bertie Wiggins’ Amazing Ears
- Hard to Please
- Dexter’s Dinosaurs
Suitable age: 7 years +